Monday, June 30, 2014

June 30, 2014


¡Hola Familia!
Well it´s been another great week here in Bahia Blanca.:) I dont have too much time but I´ll try to give a good rundown of the week!!

This sunday we had transfers but since I had my own personal transfer a couple weeks ago we were safe. Hermana Campbell, one of the sisters who lives with us, left though so that was sad. She completed 15 months on the mission this week and we had a "quinceañera" at home - it was pretty great.

The best news though is that our investigator A is progressing again. She´d been getting a little distant, and we were worried. But we had an awesome lesson this week in which we talked about becoming better people, setting goals to improve through the principles of the gospel. She has a lot of desire to be a better person, and she really had an epiphany there of what she needs to do to acheive that. Saturday we watched a video on temples and she really loved it. So sunday she came to church with her 3 kids! It was awesome. The kiddies loved primary.

We havent found a ton of new people this week, but the people we have found have been so prepared to receive the gospel! It has been super neat to see how the Lord guides us. One of them is named S. We were looking for a contact and knocked on her door. She began talking to us and expressed a lot of interest in the message - shes a lady with a lot of faith and talked about how she needs something in her life that can be a constant - something to hold on to when the times get hard. I testified to her that this gospel is what she is looking for! We talked about baptism and  she accepted a date to prepare for.:) 

Meanwhile, the copa mundial continues! Its impossible to avoid - every house has it on TV. I happened to see the end of the Holland win (yayyy Holland pride!!!!) and everyone here is just super pumped about Argentina! Mundial is the best. I´ve decided that I need to watch futbol more often when I get home!

I´ve really been enjoying my reading of the Book of Mormon lately. The other day I read Alma 26 and I felt like Ammon´s words were my own. When I think of how the Lord has made me an instrument in His hands to bring people to Him I am filled with joy!! It is the most wonderful thing that I have ever experienced. I love these two verses in particular:

 11 But Ammon said unto him: I do not boast in my own strength, nor in my own wisdom; but behold, my joy is full, yea, my heart is brim with joy, and I will rejoice in my God.
 12 Yea, I know that I am nothing; as to my strength I am weak; therefore I will not boast of myself, but I will boast of my God, for in his strength I can do all things; yea, behold, manymighty miracles we have wrought in this land, for which we will praise his name forever.
The gospel is true. Jesus Christ lives!!
love you all,
Hermana Nelson

No comments:

Post a Comment