Well, this might have been the craziest week of my mission ever. First of all... surprise! I am now in Bahìa Blanca! Wednesday we were at the home of pte and hna Gira when my district leader called with some news - I was to be transferred to Bahìa. My first reaction was shock, tears, and sadness. I can`t describe in words how much I love Patagones. It truly had become my home and the people my family! My last few days there were wonderful however. Tuesday we had an awesome zone meeting and our district president, presidente Genova came. This zone is awesome - these elders are gonna be big leaders in the church some day. Later that day we had an awesome lesson with K, our 19 year old investigator. It was really neat and it was one of those really powerful lessons where we knew she was left thinking deeply about our questions - it was a turning point for her and now she is really on track! She is a cool girl.
Wednesday morning we woke up to find the mouse in the trap!! Finally. So like the typical girls we are we called the Elders to come get rid of it. The zone leaders were there too so we had 4 elders taking out a tiny mouse. Thats what elders are for, right?
Wednesday, my last day, was so much fun. We had an activity with the young women and a good group, about 6 of them, came out! It was so fun - we taught them how to make brownies. And E brought a non member friend! We talked, laughed, and listened to music. I had so much fun!! Then towards the end all my favorite people came to the chapel for a kind of impromptu sending me off party. It was awesome. We took lots of pictures, ate the brownies, and they signed my book. I sure love them.
I left at 6 o clock the next morning, after a night of barely any sleep for packing. Hna Gladys, who has been like a mom to me, drove us to the terminal. Then it was hasta luego Carmen de Patagones and Hola Bahia Blanca!!!
My new area is called General Arias. We share the ward with two elders (one of which is elder bench, my former DL who baptized E) and we live with two other sisters. That is so fun, especially because one of them is hna O`Hara my comp from the mtc!!! My new companion is Hna Mancuello, who is from Paraguay. She is super tall and thin, and a convert of 3 years. I already love her tons, and we work great together! It is a great area with lots of potential and a LOT of mud. Good thing I bought brand new boots. The ward is great, right now there is no bishop which is interesting but the ward mission leader is legit and there are a ton of great families. And no more singing solos! Its weird - we go to church and dont have to do anything. It sure is different! We have a few investigators but mainly are focusing on finding right now.
Even though I miss Patagones a ton, I really am so happy right now. I LOVE being a missionary! I am at a point now too in my mission where I can communicate pretty well and have more confidence in general. I absolutely love teaching, meeting new people, and bearing my testimony. These are the best days of my life. There arent the easiest days, thats for sure. But I can feel every day that the Savior is walking beside us, and I know without a doubt that this is His work.
I love you all,
Hermana Nelson
p.s. for those of you who dont know... the world cup is going on. Last night as Argentina played there was NO ONE in the streets! At home we put on our Argentina jerseys and took pictures :)
No comments:
Post a Comment