¡Hola Familia!
Today I am emailing you from the heart of Bahìa Blanca. :) We took the colectivo (bus) into town to do some shopping. It is so fun living with the 2 other hermanas - we stick together. Well my new area sure is different but I´ve really enjoyed this week! We`ve met some really wonderful people too.
One of my favorites is M. She is a cute old lady who can barely walk, but is very religious and loves our visits. So we hadnt seen her too much this week but saturday we went to visit and had a great lesson with her and invited her to the church. She said she would! And sure enough Sunday morning when we passed by she was all ready to go. My heart was bursting with love for her as we watched her make her way slowly from the crutches to the wheelchair. And the next miracle was that out came her husband Jose, and we thought he was just going to help her out the door but he ended up coming with us to church! So we had M and J and they stayed for the first 2 hours. The members received them so well, it made me really happy.
Friday we had a really fun ward activity, planned a bit spur of the moment but it turned out awesome! A good group came. It was día de la bandera, national holiday in Argentina. We played some games, a member taught us how to dance the tango, and we ate a lot of food. There are so many families in this ward I am still so overwhelmed haha! Sunday there were 65 people in the chapel and it was crazy but so awesome.
Vamos Argentina!!!! And the world cup continues. We had a funny experience with that. We were finishing a lesson and in the next room some people were watching the Arg - Iran game. It was in the last few minutes and no one had scored yet. So my companion goes to say the prayer and right after she starts all of the sudden we hear GOOOOOOOOOOAL - and it goes on for literally minutes. Hna Mancuello said she almost thanked God for the goal, but decided that wasnt such a good idea haha.
In case you´re wondering, while you guys up north are feelin the heat we have offically entered into winter! It hasnt been too terrible yet but its gettin there. Fortunately we´ve been able to teach a good amount and so are inside more often!
Tuesday we had our district meeting and I got to meet a ton of missionaries! Our zone is huge. It was so much fun - there were some familiar faces too. And then later we passed by the mission office and I ran into my good friend Hermana Nelson. I love it!
I love love love love being a missionary. There is nothing compared to it, nothing that has made me more happy. I love being able to lose myself in the scriptures each morning and then to testify to people of these truths that are so precious! I know with all my heart that it is true, and that this is God´s work!
Love you all,
Hermana Nelson
No comments:
Post a Comment