Monday, July 7, 2014

Bendiciones


¡Hola Familia!
Another week has come and gone, and the blessings have just poured. The best thing that happened this week is J!!! I believe I mentioned him in my last email, the man we found last sunday. Anyways we weren´t able to meet with him once this week. One day we went and found a note waiting for us - he had a change in schedule and couldn´t be there and so left a note! Nobody does that. Seriously. And then the next day HE called US! That also never happens. Sunday he kept his word and came to church! The members here are super awesome - a couple that lives close to him went and picked him up and then the brother showed him around the chapel and sat with him. 

It was a wonderful sunday. Hna Belogini, who is awesome and also the yw president, has been talking with a 13 year old girl named B and her grandma isnt a huge fan of the mormons but she was able to come to church on sunday! Also M, who hasn´t been to church for a long time came with her non member boyfriend. She is a super cool girl and has become our friend. So for the first time in a while we had a young womans class and we were invited. :) I totally feel like young womens is my place. 

The area is great. We are teaching a lot and I LOVE it. The other day it was raining pretty good and the streets were super muddy. We were out knocking doors and everyone was so surprised to see us still out working! It was the strangest thing - I was cold, wet and tired but SO happy at the same time! I was just so full of the light and happiness of the gospel that we were sharing. These days are the best. I just love getting to know people and then just teaching them by the spirit. 

I love the Book of Mormon. Every day I learn something amazing from the book.The other day I was reading in Alma chapter 36, which is such a beautiful chapter that talks about what it truly means to experience the saving power of the atonement. I love these verses:

17 And it came to pass that as I was thus racked with torment, while I was harrowed up by the memory of my many sins, behold, I remembered also to have heard my father prophesy untothe people concerning the coming of one Jesus Christ, a Son of God, to atone for the sins of the world. 18 Now, as my mind caught hold upon this thought, I cried within my heart: O Jesus, thou Son of God, have mercy on me, who am in the gall of bitterness, and am encircled about by theeverlasting chains of death.
 19 And now, behold, when I thought this, I could remember my pains no more; yea, I was harrowed up by the memory of my sins no more.
 20 And oh, what joy, and what marvelous light I did behold; yea, my soul was filled with joy as exceeding as was my pain!
 21 Yea, I say unto you, my son, that there could be nothing so exquisite and so bitter as were my pains. Yea, and again I say unto you, my son, that on the other hand, there can be nothingso exquisite and sweet as was my joy.

The atonement is real. Repentance is the greatest gift. God loves you and me so much!!!
love,
Hermana Nelson

No comments:

Post a Comment