Another week comes and goes... crazy! It was a pretty good one. Besides the torrential rain. We had a sweet electric storm one night. Hopefully the weather has gotten all that craziness out of is system and we can start warming up into spring. :)
This week saw a lot of change up with investigators. There are many of them that we decided that we won´t be stopping by as much - it just isnt the time for them. But we also saw some good progress in others. Like Violeta! I`m not sure I mentioned her before - she has been an investigator for a little while now, ever since she showed up at church on her own a couple months ago. She has had a pretty hard life for being only 26, she has two little kids and lives with a (much) older man. But she wants so bad to turn her life around. This week we had an awesome lesson - beforehand I was a little nervous because I knew we had to talk frankly with her about some things. But I said a little prayer and it was incredible to see how the spirit guided our words. We talked about repentance and about what it really means to repent - and how that often requires discomfort. It was awesome to see how she responded to it - with a real contrite and humble spirit. So even though she`s got a long way to go, she´s back on track and I know that if she continues to trust and God and humbly make those changes in her life she´ll find that inner peace and happiness she so desperately wants.
The members in our ward are awesome! I still dont know some of them but I have already become close to many. D and her husband E are my favorites, they are the coolest young couple ever. This monday we had a family home evening with them and they invited a young friend, a 18 year old boy named Nahuel who plays soccer with the young men. He is super cool, quiet but very sincere. We´ve had two lessons with him this week and I really hope he keeps going because he is really great!
My companion had her first week in the field, and it has been really fun introducing her to everything and seeing her excitement. She speaks pretty well, but still doesnt understand much - the accent here is pretty rough. I´ve been able to pass on a lot of the things I learned at the beginning, like the importance of trusting the Lord and just bearing a testimony from the heart without worrying about the words. He has promised us that if we open our mouths we will be given the words! I definitely have seen that in my own experiences and I know she`ll see it too. But oh man is training tiring! Fun, but I have never been more exhausted.
I love you all so very much. I love the gospel and I love bearing testimony of my Savior! I know this is His work.
love,
Hermana Nelson
No comments:
Post a Comment