¡Hola Familia!
Wow. This has been quite an interesting week - and as you can see from the subject line we saw some serious MIRACLES!
Starting off the week, my companion was sick. Being so kind and loving she decided to share it with me and I got nice and sick too. It was pretty rough and we would still go to all our appointments but also stayed in a bit. The hermanas in the ward took good care of me, giving me scarves when I was out without one and telling me off when I wasn´t wearing it the next day. The H family are some of my favorite people ever - they have really taken us in. They´ve had a lot of missionaries in the family including a son who got home a month ago so they know what its like. :) So dont worry mom, I am well taken care of!
A miracle that we saw this week was with B. She is our sweet taxi driver that I mentioned a couple weeks ago. So she drove us to the meeting in Mar del Plata and on the way down was telling me about how stressed and tired she is - this poor lady is ALWAYS working. While we were in the church for the meeting I lent her my book of mormon to read while she waited. At the end of the meeting we gave her a little surprise - hna Greene went out and got her, brought her inside the chapel, where our district of 8 elders was waiting there to sing her a hymn. It was the sweetest thing and she was a little embarrassed at first but so pleased - she just loved it. Afterwards we were able to show her around the chapel a bit. It was a rare moment of peace for her, and she enjoyed it so much that even though we didnt talk to her the whole rest of the week she showed up at church on sunday! She was even working but took 20 minutes to come in during the sacrament. She is the greatest and I just love her.
So here´s the biggest miracle.... WE HAD A BAPTISM!!!!! L, our little 11 year old investigator, got his answer after lots of prayers on both sides that he wants to be baptized! It was awesome, and also a little crazy organizing a baptism in 3 days. But it was great because most of his family aren´t members and they all came out to the service. He is the cutest boy, and has a great future in the gospel. He doesn´t have many friends at school and they tease him because he says he´s a mormon. Elder White, our district leader, came to Balcarce on friday for his interview and told Lucas that now he has a ton of new friends - us missionaries, and all the people in the church. I am so happy that he has made this step and can continue progressing and learning.
We had a ton of investigators in church on sunday - another miracle. It was amazing to see that even though I was sick so much of the week, and we were so busy preparing for the baptism, that the Lord blessed us so much and made up the difference. It is so true that this is His work. I know that without a doubt. These people´s lives are changing, and mine too. Just so you all know... I am not going to be the same Hermana Nelson who you knew before. :) Thats the greatest miracle of all. The miracle of CHANGE. It is the whole purpose of God´s plan, the whole reason we are here. We are destined to be so much more than we are now, and everything that we go through, every trial and hardship is to help us CHANGE, to become more like Christ.
I love you all so much!!!!
Hermana Nelson
No comments:
Post a Comment