Monday, September 22, 2014

Divina Luz


¡Hola Familia!
Hey! It´s been a pretty good week down here in Balcarce, Argentina. The work rolls forward and the missionary life is SO good!

Quick investigator update: N is doing the best right now, we are pretty excited for him. We had some really good lessons this week and he is opening up and sharing a lot more - and even made lots of comments in sunday school! He already has so many amigos in the church and everyone is talking about how he could serve a mission. That would be amazing!

We met again with A, who is a really cool older guy who lives out in the rural area with his two grandsons. Friday we talked about a lot of things, and he said he wants to get baptized! Unfortunately he got really sick this weekend and couldn´t make it to church.

L, our 11 year old investigator, reads the book of mormon more than a lot of members I know. haha. He is doing great, still praying to know if he should be baptized. We had a great talk with him the other day and spoke about the blessings of baptism, while his aunt who is less active showed us pictures of when she was baptized. What a beautiful, wonderful thing is baptism. We are praying that Lucas will feel that too!!

Here´s a funny story I forgot to tell, that happened a couple weeks ago. So we were walking down the street, just contacting people, when my companion says that she wants to say a prayer so we can know where to go. So we said a little prayer there in the street, and about 30 seconds later she announces, "I think we should go to Grido". (Grido being our favorite ice cream shop). I laughed, because it seemed that this revelation might have come more from her stomach than the spirit. So we went anyways. When we got there, there were no other customers, just two workers, one being the owner. We ordered our ice cream and then struck up a conversation with the owner after he asked us where we were from. So... 30 minutes later we come out with super melted ice cream. We talked about a ton of things - we were able to teach about the restoration, modern day prophets, church standards-- he had a ton of questions mostly just from curiosity. Anyways, we went back the next week and talked even more and left another pamphlet. The other day we came across him in the street and he asked why we hadnt stopped by Grido yet. So looks like we´ll be getting more ice cream this week. :) Just goes to show that you should always follow promptings no matter what!!
Yesterday in church I gave a talk on missionary work and used a talk from this last conference that I just love - I dont know what its called in english but its the one by Elder Scott. :) I highly reccomend it! I spoke about how sharing the gospel becomes natural and easy when we focus on the three things that Elder Scott shared: truly loving the person, having confidence in them, and bearing our testimony of the atonement of Jesus Christ.
I know this is the work of the Lord. This time is so precious - and is racing by so fast. Everyone keeps telling me how much time I have left but I am going to work like its still the first month!
Love you all,
Hermana Mackenzie Nelson

No comments:

Post a Comment