Hola familia!
Well its been a super great week down here in Balcarce! We worked hard and saw tons of miracles. I`ll try and give a quick rundown.
In the taxi on the way back from district meeting on tuesday (its about an hour drive from Mar del Plata to Balcarce) we had an awesome experience with our driver. Her name is B, she is a cute little lady of probably 50ish years who always drives us. We got talking with her after we sang a couple hymns in the car for her and she said that shefelt so good- and just began to open up about things going on in her life. We talked the whole way home and discussed God´s love for us, the basics of the restoration, and how when we seek Him we never have to feel alone. She really loved it. All it took was for someone to open their mouth and start talking. How often to we (me especially) miss out on amazing opportunities to share the gospel for fear of offending/making a mistake/not knowing what to say? Too often.
That seemed to be a theme for me this week. Fighting fear with faith. During one of my studies I was reading in the Book of Mormon about what it takes to see miracles (mormon 9) and learned a great lesson. It is so intimitely related with faith, and there are 3 important principles. To have great faith, and see miracles, we must: believe in God, know God and all His attributes, and obey. Just like that!!
Alright, back to the week.We did 2 day divisions (trading companions) with the hermanas of Mar del Plata and I was once again reunited with my hermana Tovar! It was so much fun. We did so much reminiscing. It is just amazing how often our paths cross! I am not done learning from her I suppose.
Friday we saw miracles. We went out to work with great faith and with the desire and goal to find new investigators and invite them to bebaptized. The Lord guided our path and we met 5 people that we could teach and invite!!! 5 new investigators with the date. It was awesome, I felt in every moment that my path and my words were guided by the spirit. It was sweet. This really is the best news ever, what we share, and I love sharing it.
Sunday we had N in the church! He is doing so good. We are excited for him. Also V and Lucas came! V is L`s mom and this week we saw her take some huge steps. Awesome.
Thats the really short version of how the week went. :) It was excellent. We are learning a ton, Hermana Greene and I. She is a great trainee and has so much desire to continue improving every day. Its a good motivation for me to keep going and not let things slide, even when the time is short.
I love you all, and I know without a doubt that this is God`s work. Miracles happen.
Hermana Nelson
No comments:
Post a Comment