Monday, February 10, 2014

Meet Me Halfway

¡Hola Familia!

That´s right, this week I passed my halfway mark! I seriously can´t believe how fast the time is flying. It´s a little scary to think how fast the next 9 months will go. But there´s still so much to come and lots to learn! 
In honor of my halfway mark, we had lots of half - themed things this week. I´ll explain.

This weekend we had half a baptism! B, our cute little 8 year old was baptized. But due to unfortunate circumstances she couldn´t make it to church on sunday and so missed the second and equally important part - confirmation. My companion and I felt awful... it only added to the disappointment of seeing how few people came to church in general on sunday. It just makes me so sad when people choose to reject the things that are of most value and importance - the things of God. There will ALWAYS be obstacles, reasons not to obey, but when it all comes down to it if we have faith that the commandments are from a loving Heavenly Father we will make the small sacrifices to follow Him. Not all was lost though, because we went to visit B and her grandma later that day and she really is changing and turning her life around to come to church every sunday (the grandma that is).

We got halfway through our musical number with the elders at the baptism before laughing. They just could not keep the key and it sounded awful! Also... I may be a little to blame too because I accidentally said llorar (to cry) instead of orar (to pray) and that just killed my companion. Needless to say it was a great disaster, but so funny.
Anyways, it´s been an interesting week, and at times a little hard but the Lord always sends tender mercies to keep us going! We had a great english class this last friday, a ton of people came and we had a quiz and everything. We have more and more lunches with members every week which is awesome money-wise but not so much gaining weight-wise. Oh well. 

There is not a doubt in my mind that this is the true church of Jesus Christ. He is still guiding us, speaking with us to day. I feel so lucky to go out each day and share this good news! 

con amor,

Hermana Nelson


PERSONAL NOTES

dad- those jokes are killer! love it. I´m glad you guys remembered my halfway day. :) I am so jealous of all your snow! The heat just doesn´t stop here. The good part is that I´m more tan than I´ve ever been. But still whiter than everyone else! Hey guess what - Romans 8 is one of my favorites too and I read it just the other day. So good! 
mom - I can totally relate with the being humbled all the time thing. Thats me every day! Fortunately though humility is exactly what the Lord expects us to have, and allows us to become more dependant on him. Hey! HAPPY BIRTHDAY this week!!! I sent you a card a couple weeks ago and hopefully it will arrive soon. I love you and hope you have a great day! And have so much fun in phoenix!
Matt&Angelica - that girl of yours is just too cute. Way to make me trunky! I love it though. Thank you both for the awesome emails. I seriously love them. love you guys!
Paige & Jared - I can´t believe little Brenner is getting so old!!! ahh those boys. Tell Ryker I am looking forward to the pie he is sending. :) Tell them I love them! 
Jacob - How are you my brotha?? Whats the latest in your life? Love you!

No comments:

Post a Comment