Guess what!!! I am staying another transfer in Carmen de Patagones with hermana Tovar!!!! I cannot tell you how happy I am to continue working here in this wonderful area with my wonderful companion. We were seriously so surprised, this whole last week we thought it was our last together. But no! I am so grateful that the Lord is allowing us to continue here - we are really getting the hang of things and I know it is going to be an amazing next transfer.
We had a great week. In one day we found 4 new investigators! One of them is named P. She is a really sweet mother of two kids, a 15 year old girl who joined us for the lesson too and a 9 year old boy. She has such a pure intent to learn - she said she just wants to change her life, to have a more unified family and happier home. That is exactly what the gospel offers!! We are very excited to continue teaching her.
Hermana Gira, the wife of our branch president, has been really sick. It´s been a rough week for them, so saturday morning hermana Guenafil, our lovely less active (but not for long!) friend brought us and the elders to go visit them. The elders went outside with presidente to do yardwork, and the hermanas inside to clean the home and kitchen. It was so much fun, and there is nothing like the joy that comes from serving, especially to someone who has given you so much. Later we helped her make lunch (I officially know how to make milanesa!) and had a feast all together.
We had an experience this week that was really powerful. So there´s this family who are recent converts, but the mom has pretty much taken a downturn and the children have been struggling a lot. The kids are alone most all the time and are so lost. So friday we went by, and sat down to talk with M (12 years old) M (8) and T (10, he's the one that we have been teaching to be baptized). We could see so clearly that it had been a rough day at home. While we were sitting outside sharing a scripture, the mom came out and started yelling at one of the other boys. It was awful. In that moment I just felt so helpless - what could we do to help these children? The only thing we could do, and what they needed so desperately, was to feel the love of their Heavenly Father. We shared a scripture about what Heaven is like, sang a hymn, and then told them we loved them. Little M who was sitting next to me, has suffered so much for her short life. But in that moment she just opened up and their was a different light in her face.
Later, those three came to the Noche de Hogar. The elders gave a lesson, and then at the end we had to pick a name of someone there and write a short note to them. I got a note from A, the recent convert. But later M came up to me and gave me a little note. It was the sweetest thing, something that I will never forget. In it she said that when she sits by my side, she feels the happiest she´s ever been. That she can feel my love, and she loves me too. I just gave her a big hug and told her I love her. Everyone deserves to feel loved and noticed. I that moment I understood so clearly what it means to be a minister of Christ - to love as He does.
Anyways, I continue to learn and to love, and am so excited for what the future holds. The Lord is so good! This gospel is true!!!
Love you all,
Hermana Nelson
PERSONAL NOTES:
Dad - what amazing pictures! I love those! Sounds like a great week. I love hearing about your adventures. also no worries, there are lots of rules about the kind of heaters we use. thanks for taking care of me. :)
mom - It is so funny to me what you said about not being a good teacher. Because in my opinion you have always been an amazing teacher! The other day I was remembering how lucky I was to have had you with me in yw most all growing up. It was awesome! I{m sure you are still blessing so many lives. Love you mom! I sure do feel the strength and love of your prayers, every day.
Matt&Angelica - Skye has such a pretty face, she should be on a christmas card! Oh man. Also way to go, going to the temple! I miss the temple so much. I´m excited to go again in 9 months. :) Love you guys!
Paige & Jared - you were right about that picture making me trunky! I literally stared at it for like 5 minutes. At first I thought that was paige in the picture though! haha. I miss that little boy so much. We had so much fun last year. Love you guys!!!
Jacob- how are ya my brother?? Still reading lots? hope so. When will you give your talk?
No comments:
Post a Comment