Monday, January 13, 2014

Old Ladies and Doggy friends

¡Hola Familia!

What a week it´s been. Despite battling some minor illnesses (that heat and sun is a killer) it´s been a great week full of lessons and tender mercies. The Lord is blessing us for sure. The biggest news is that we passed transfers and both me and hna. Tovar are staying in Carmen de Patagones!!! Woohoo! By the end of this transfer it´ll be the longest I´ve every stayed in one area. Also, I passed my 8 month mark. Crazy.

Given my companion´s penchant for contacting old ladies, we picked up a new investigatore named Icade who looks a lot like out other old lady investigator, E. I is a really sweet lady and is working towards a baptismal goal of february 8th! One of the miracles we had this week happened with her. So I was pretty dehydrated and not feeling too good wednesday, so we spent  a lot of the day at home. But we had an appt with Icade at 7 and I knew we had to go. So we set out and found her at home, and not too far into the lesson her daughter AND her son came over - they are both middle -aged ish with families and happened to stop by their mom´s house that night. We taught the Restoration to all of them, and it was a wonderful lesson. The son, Dario, was especially interested and listened so intently the whole time. We set a time to come and visit his family this week! We made the effort to go out and work and in one hour we had a great lesson and found 2 new investigators.

We went to visit our investigator A, who had kind of dropped us a while ago, just to see where she was at and have a final desicive lesson. We found her visiting with a friend and we sat and talked with them for a while, eventually making our way to talk about the restoration. A is still pretty set in her ideas, but it was a great experience and her sweet friend, M (another cute old lady) loved us and we are going to teach her too! 
We made a new friend this week. His name was b until we realized she was a girl, and changed her name to b. She sleeps outside our house and likes to go running with us in the morning, and saturday went proselyting with us all day. Normally I really don´t like the dogs here (there are SO MANY STRAYS) but she´s a cute one.

I should mention one of the tender mercies. It may sound silly but it meant a lot to us! So yesterday we had a lesson with I, and really wanted to show the Restoration DVD to help her understand what happened a little better. First we couldn´t get the player to work, and then the plug wasn´t long enough but she found an extention, and then it started playing but was in english. And there was no controller. My companion and I were both praying so hard, then she pressed stop and then play again. All of the sudden it was in spanish! We nearly cried. But then it started skipping. We prayed harder. A few minutes later it started running perfectly. It was such a tender mercy and it allowed us to really invite the spirit and then invite her to be baptized!!!

The Lord is with us. One of my favorite scriptures in Doctrine and Covenants is in section 84:88:

And whoso receiveth you, there I will be also, for I will go before your face. I will be on your right hand and on your left, and my Spirit shall be in your hearts, and mine angels round about you, to bear you up.

This is His work! We are never alone.

I love you all,

Hermana Nelson



PERSONAL NOTES

Dad - Jack almost died??? Ahh!! I dont know what I would do if he did. What a crazy story. I love your new years resolutions. And tell Haley I say congrats and I can´t wait to speak spanish with her!!! What an awesome thing. Have fun on your trips!
Mom - I am so glad you are relaxing! And watching some house hunters international I hope? Also, that subject line was super funny. It´s funny that the cheerfulness thing came from me because that was always something you were telling me I needed to work on. And I still am! Sometimes I am too hard on myself and my comp finally told me to stop expecting so much of myself and recognize instead the successes. She is a great example to me. So working on that!
Matt- I love the scripture about leaning not to your own understanding. That´s something I´ve had to work on a lot here! It was great to talk to you too on christmas, I´d forgotten a little how funny you are. You´ve been weird since the day I was born!
Angelica - Thanks for the lovely email! It´s so good to be reminded not to wait to be happy until the next thing. Sometimes I think that all my problems will be solved when I get home, when things get hard. But then I miss all the wonderful things happening here! I LOVE those pics of Skye! She is so beautiful. What a fun life you three have. Also, I havent gotten a package yet, was it sent to here?
Paige - Thanks for the email!!!! Oh my goodness and that video. Your boys are too much. I had so much fun with you guys last year. And I totally understand about crying about the house... I did the same thing. Fortunately we have awesome memories, and are still all together. We are such a blessed family. 
Jared - Thanks for the email! Oh wait. You didnt send me an email. :) jaja.

Jake - Are you guys getting some good snow at least for sledding? We´ve made some good sled runs at our house! Are you taking piano lessons? Good luck on your talk!!! That is so awesome. The scriptures are the best. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment