Well, after 4 transfers making it through untouched, change has finally made its way to us. Hermana Tovar left last night at 12 pm for Mar del Plata. I am here staying with hermana Guenofil until my new comp comes in later today by bus. It was super surreal, while hna Tovar was packing and everything, and then hit like a brick when she was about to get on the bus. It was so so hard to say goodbye to her - she has been the greatest support to me during the difficult times, and we really became best friends as we shared all of our crazy experiences. Fortunately though, we will be finishing our missions at the same time so it was an hasta luego - see ya in 5 and a half months!
I am SO excited though to keep working in Carmen de Patagones. This is the greatest place ever! First of all, during this transition the members have been taking such good care of me. I`ve gotten lots of hugs and kindness. Second, yesterday we had all 5 of our main investigators in church! The E family, and L and E. They are all awesome. The E family is having a bit of a hard time feeling prepared to be baptized, but I have full faith that it will come because they are so awesome. L is super cool! This week we focused on fellowshipping her with Hermana G, and E with B. We have had some awesome lessons, where the spirit is strong. The other day she said that she knows that these things are true! She is so humble, and said that she doesn`t feel she deserves baptism yet. We told her that what matters most is that we are humble and have the desire to follow Christ. Every time we come for a lesson, she has read in the Book of Mormon and has lots of questions. And theres E, who is so excited for church and is just the cutest. Wow. Sometimes I cant believe how much the Lord has blessed us!
We started teaching N finally this week, she has already gone to church twice (but only to relief society). She is kinda a church hopper, she reads the bible and has lots of faith but has lots of confusing ideas. We had an incredible lesson. At first she was just talking so much, about random things that didnt make much sense, of what she understood about religion. But with lots of prayer, we were able to ask inspired questions that led her to resolve those things. It was amazing. We testified of the truthfulness of a true church and she really felt it.
This week we also had a member-missionary activity and it was awesome. We did splits and I was with hermana G, the super legit recent convert. It was so fun! It was like being with a greenie - all the enthusiasm and testimony in the world but not so much experience. :) I loved it.
Anyways, the church is true and the Lord is guiding His work. I know it! Also, I love you all,
Hermana Nelson
No comments:
Post a Comment