Monday, April 21, 2014

Milagros de Pascua

¡Hola Familia!

This week was a great one! I can never believe how fast they fly by and before I know it I´m here writing another email. I´ll try and capture a few things that went on this week.

V and the boys went out of town for the weekend, so we missed them a lot and they couldn´t make it to church. However, before they left we had a really awesome lesson and taught on the importance of daily scripture study, especially as a family. I felt so fortunate to be able to testify from experience that I know what a huge difference family prayer and scripture study makes! Even though I may not remember the specific words or scriptures, I remember the devotion of my parents to the gospel and their desire to put the Lord first in our home. Thanks mom and dad! Also, I turned 8 on monday, and we stopped by to give him a treat - he was so happy. He and N are the coolest kids - N especially, there aren´t so many 14 year old boys that are so grounded! So many here are already involved in drugs and whatnot at that age. This family however, is so prepared.

The other day we went out tracting with G again, the awesome recent convert of the elders, and finally found all of the familia B at home. They are both so cool, really great people, and we had an awesome lesson talking about the commandments and we invited them to church. Not sure what happened sunday, because they didn´t make it. But I can see that they are getting closer and one day it´ll happen!

Easter sunday brought two miracles to church! The first was T, a young man of 16 years. He has been listening to us for a little while now, but has been a little on and off. This week we met his dad and he was super nice! He said for us to come by any time. They lived in Utah 10 years ago, near Pleasant Grove! They have really good memories of how the mormons received them and helped them out. Awesome. You never know how little acts of kindness are preparing people to receive the gospel! We are excited for this family.

N, a lady we contacted one day, also came for 3rd hour. We called her in the morning and she showed up! we haven´t even taught her yet. This week we will though. :)

Anyways, the Lord sure is blessing us and the work is moving forward. We are also having so much fun! Sometimes I get the giggles during contacts (so embarassing) and other times Elder Chauque falls out of his chair during a practice teaching in district meeting. Hermana Tovar and I are just laughing all the time. Sure the hard days come, satan tries to get me down, but the Lord is always there to lift me back up when I come to Him in prayer. There is not a doubt in my mind that He lives and loves us. This church is guided by Him, the gospel is true, and He is Risen!!

I love you all,
Hermana Nelson

No comments:

Post a Comment