What a great week this was. In case anyone is counting, I passed my 11 month mark on tuesday. :) CRAZY!! For those of you who don´t do math, that means only 7 months yet! Sometimes I really feel the time, exhaustion is constant and all I want to do is sleep. But I just feel this sense that my time is so sacred, I don´t want to waste a minute!
The biggest news from this week is that Vanessa and her boys are doing so so good. We had an amazing lesson with them on wednesday. We brought the movie of Joseph Smith, the long one that goes through his life all the way to the martyrdom. I just love that movie. Little I had a bit of a hard time staying still and his mom kept saying, "sit still and pay attention! I´m trying to watch!" haha. They really enjoyed it. After it ended, hermana Tovar and I bore our testimonies of the restoration of the gospel, and of Joseph Smith. It was so powerful - I was so full of peace and joy, and then to see both V and N with tears in their eyes as we bore testimony was incredible. There is not a doubt in my mind that we are here in large part for them - they were prepared for this! V told us that just before she had been feeling like something was missing from her life and wanted to find a church but didn´t know which to go to. And then by a fluke she found us! The Lord works in mysterious ways. And they all came to church on sunday! woohoo! We have a great relationship with them, whenever we are at their house we always end up eating something and just having fun.
The weather has been a little rough this week, last monday it POURED rain for the whole day and night and we had to fight off the water in our house. We went out tracting and at every door we knocked they looked at us like we were crazy and told us to go home so we won´t get sick. It was a great night though and besides getting soaked through we had a great lesson with N. She and her husband are amazing, just so hard to find and work on sundays!! Miracles happen though.
That´s the biggest news for the week. The work is good, the hard days come of course and when I start getting down on myself the Lord picks me back up. I know without a doubt that He is with us, and will never leave us alone.
I love you all!
Hermana Nelson
No comments:
Post a Comment