Monday, March 17, 2014

Rain, Roadtrips, and Repentance

¡Hola Familia!

What a week it´s been in Carmen de Patagones. The biggest news is that
this last saturday Teo was baptized!!! It truly was a miracle and such
a happy thing to see that boy make it there. He is really special.
This week we learned a lot of really sad things about his family
situation, and have been feeling kind of overwhelmed as to what to do.
But the Lord helped us know that He would continue to guide and
protect him.

Friday we went on an adventure to Bahía Blanca! We woke up at 3 in the
morning, got all dressed up and ready, then walked with the elders
(Merenluoto and Chauque) to the terminal in town to meet the combi (a
small bus) with the rest of our zone. It was a long and uncomfortable
trip there, but a wonderful mulit-zone conference. I met a bunch more
hermanas from the mission, which I love because in our zone we are the
only hermanas - and the hermanas in this mission are awesome!
Presidente Parreño and his wife spoke, and then Hermana and Elder
Avilas from the area presidency. It was awesome. I learned a ton. He
spoke a lot on the importance of obedience, but what touched me
especially were his words on repentance. He spoke about how that is
central to all we teach - the idea that we are inviting people to
leave behind their sins and come unto Christ. What an amazing thing!
And we too, as missionaries, need to understand and practice this
principle. I make mistakes every day, but that doesn´t mean I can´t
change. The Lord sees our potential, and we are so much greater than
we are now! He invites us to come unto him and become who we are meant
to be. (Alma 7:15).

The bus ride back home was really fun - a few of us got packages (like
me, finally! Thanks mom&dad and matt&angelica!!!) and we passed the
candy around. We got to know the elders in our zone a little more and
laughed a lot.

In other news, the weather is finally cooling down! It´s been raining
a lot too. The dry earth is so happy and so am I. I love falling
asleep to the sound of the rain on the rooftop.

The work rolls on. There are hard things every day, but wonderful
things every day too. The best things in life don´t come easy. :)

Fortunately though the Lord is always by our sides and sends tender
mercies just when I think I can´t give any more.

Love you all,
Hermana Mackenzie Nelson



PERSONAL NOTES

Dad- when you said the "sap rises" one of my favorite songs came to my
memory. I sure do love James Taylor! Tell Jake that he needs to
respect the classics. :) Those lyrics to You Raise Me Up are so
perfect. And applicable to the experiences I am having. I find it
interesting that you wrote this week and last week about having an eye
of faith becuase that´s something I´ve really hard to work hard for
this week. It´s so easy to doubt and be pessimistic but when we look
forward with an eye of faith thats when the miracles happen! Thanks
dad. Love you too!
mom- Don´t make me sound TOO good in your report. :) haha. I´m glad
that my messages home are appreciated. Sometimes I feel sad becuase
they´re pretty much only 5% of what I´m experiencing but I try to get
the essence. Hey! I got your valentines package!!! It was so
wonderful, thank you so much! Especially for the pictures. And the
candy. My whole zone was grateful. :) That baptismsounds wonderful.
Sure do love baptisms. LOVE YOU!
Matt&Angelica- That girl sure does have beautiful eyes! Hey I got your
christmas package finally!!!! It was amazing, I loved it, especially
the bicycle socks and the crazy chocolates. :) Thank you so so so
much!
Paige&Jared- Ahh little keke in his baseball uniform! What a cutie. I
loved the story about him worrying about his hat. I love that boy. You
guys have the best stories! love you all so much!
Jake- CONGRATS on the talk! Even though you didn{t tell me about it, I
got a good report from mom and dad. Sounds like you rocked it! I am so
proud. What good prep for your mission. :) hey, I have a good mormon
message video that I want you to watch! When I saw it I thought of
you. Here´s the
link:https://www.lds.org/youth/video/stay-within-the-lines?lang=eng
love you jakey!



Our cute young women! This sunday we had our 2nd class and it was a hit :)


Teo with the 4 missionaries of Rama Patagones. :) Elder Chauque baptized him.


matching!

No comments:

Post a Comment