Monday, March 31, 2014

March 31, 2014

¡Hola Familia!

This week, I ate more cake than I have in all my 21 years of life combined. I had such a wonderful birthday, thanks to an awesome companion and friends! I knew she had something planned, because people kept calling and she would try and go as far away from me as she could to talk with them. Anyways, hna Tovar and the elders threw a surprise birthday party! A whole bunch of members and friends were there, as well as 7 different kinds of cake, and it was so much fun. I really was so overwhelmed with how wonderful everyone was and how great of a day it was! I love Carmen de Patagones!!!

So here´s the best thing that happened this week. Last sunday it was like the last 30 minutes of the day and we were walking, heading home. All the sudden this little dog starts barking and going after a lady walking behind us who we hadn´t noticed. Anyways, it was a good conversation starter, first she started asking us about what we were doing as missionaries and we began to tell her about our message. We ended up walking with her all the way to the kiosk to buy her cigarettes (no worries - we already taught the word of wisdom) and then set up an appt to visit her tuesday! Her name is vanessa, she is 30 is, single with two kids. And she is AMAZING!!! She is so sweet and nice, just so awesome. And prepared. We have had 3 lessons with her already this week, she accepted a baptismal date, and wants her boys to go to church with her! It is so much fun teaching her.

Finding people is always miraculous and exciting. Saturday we were just walking contacting and knocking doors and started talking to this boy outside his house. He was really receptive, we taught the message of the restoration in summary, and were telling him about the book of mormon when I asked my companion how to say a certain word. He goes, "you can say it in english if you want to." We asked him how he knows english and he says he lived in utah with his family when he was young!! What! We were freaking out and he was just laughing. Anyways, we will be having our first real lesson with him tonight and are very excited! 

So when it all comes down to it, it was a wonderful week. We are just living it up, working hard, and preaching the gospel. I love this work! There is not a doubt in my mind it is true. It is hard, but that´s because it´s true. I was reading this morning the book of Enos, in the book of mormon, and it really impressed upon me how true conversion comes through diligence and hard work. But the blessings are innumerable!! 

I love you all,

Hermana Nelson


PERSONAL NOTES
dad - que suerte - a nyc adventure! I sure love that place. You sure know how to live. I am so looking forward to general conf too!!! the super bowl for missionaries. We are hoping to bring lots of people because it is incredible always. Thanks for your words and details as always, love you!
mom - nope, we didnt get to see women´s conf. I´ll have to go look up the talks. How fun you´re flying west! Say hi to everyone for me. I hopefully will get the package tomorrow, we get mail usually every other district meeting (tuesdays) when we gather as a zone. Depends though. have a great day at work love you!!!! 
Matt & Angelica - hey that looks like a famous angelica´s strawberry cake! Not that I need more cake but I would love some of that right now. Sounds like matt had an awesome birthday thanks to a great wife!!! give skye kisses for me!
Paige & Jared - congrats jared on the triathlon! I loved reading about your carlsbad getaway, how fun. I cant wait to go back and get in those waves!! Those boys are just too much.
Jacob - I sent off a birthday surprise for you last week, hopefully you get it in time!!! Sounds like you´ve inherited the same birthday excitement that I have. thanks for your easter message - so true jake! He is Risen so that one day we will too. And we can be an eternal familia!!! love you jakey!

No comments:

Post a Comment