Monday, November 18, 2013

November 18, 2013






November 18, 2013

Hola Familia!

It has been an amazing week, and there is lots to talk about! I'll try to do a good brief overview.

Monday for Pday we played this game on a playset where one person is it but has to close their eyes and tag someone. It was funny to watch - a group of 20 young adults running around on a tiny playset that's way too small for them. I've got a nice collection of bruises on my shins now. That night we had one of our final pre-baptism lessons with slater, and then two other lessons with less active families. I love busy mondays!

Tuesday was a day of miracles! So this family in one of our wards (summerfield - hence the title) the R’s had previously mentioned a family that had recently endured some tragedies and we should go over and offer service. So we had and that night we had a lesson with them but didn't think much of it. At dinner with the R's we mentioned that right after we had a lesson with that family. The dad goes, "you know they're not members, right?". We definitely did not know that. Apparently the mom had once been a member, but none of the 4 kids have been baptized. We had the most awesome lesson with them!! The mom wasn't there, just their active grandma. It was amazing how immediately we just loved them and they loved us. They've had some really hard times - their dad passed away and the 11 year old daughter recently was diagnosed with cancer. She is the sweetest and wants most to be baptized. We had such a good time we had another lesson with them the next day!! We taught the plan of salvation and the mom was there. It was powerful. So that was a highlight of the week.

Wednesday we had zone conference! It was awesome. Such a spiritual feast. We watched this short film called the Butterfly Circus (look it up, its amazing) that had the most beautiful message about seeing people not for what they are now, but for what they can become. Heavenly Father sees beyond the exterior, and this life is all about helping others to reach their potential. It was so touching. My favorite quote was: "the greater the struggle, the more glorious the triumph".

I got to see Sister Monarrez, one of my trainers. It was so fun and we laughed a lot together! We will be friends for a long time. I also got to see friends from my old Kearns zone, which was awesome, even our old Stake President was there! The first thing that all these people say to me is, "you're still here???" Yep! Still serving in the best mission on earth. I'm sure Argentina will be great to... when the time comes. :)

Friday S got baptized!!!! It was an amazing service and the spirit was incredibly strong. All his extended family was there. Us three plus our district leader and his companion shared the first lesson during the intermission part and many people said that was their favorite part. The W's also asked me to give the talk on the Holy Ghost, which was fun. I love that family, they are so awesome and S has an exciting future ahead of him. We got a little glimpse of that in his confirmation blessing on sunday. That might be my favorite part.

So it's been a crazy, busy, awesome week. The work is really picking up and the miracles are everywhere! I love it here, I love serving, and I love sharing my testimony. I also love being in a trio again. Sister Collins is awesome, she so full of excitement and energy and love for the people. She has been a huge blessing to me.

The church is true. "Doubt your doubts before you doubt your faith". - Pres. Uchtdorf

Love you all!!!

Hermana Nelson

No comments:

Post a Comment