Hola Familia!
They've decided to keep me in
Riverton another transfer! I was super nervous when transfers came around, but
I get to stay and continue working here. And we got a third companion! So
Sister Collins, who actually replaced me in Kearns last transfer, now has come
here to make us a trio! It's pretty fun. Although I think it's because they
expect me to get me visa soon. Yikes. Anyways, it was a great week as usual,
with some craziness. When Sister Collins was dropped off at our place I got to
see Sister Bingham, maybe for the last time because she goes home at the end of
this transfer. And then I also got to see Sister Cox! If you don't remember,
the Cox family were the ones we loved in Kearns (we helped their daughter S be
baptized). If I had to go home now I would consider my mission a success
because of them. So the whole family is getting active and her younger brother
is preparing to be baptized, and S is loving Activity Days! It was awesome
getting to see Sister Cox and getting a big hug.
We had a zone meeting and met our new
zone the next day. It seems pretty different, our DL Elder Hansen left and
Elder Devanture is our new one. Changes can be sad at first, but it's great
getting to meet new people.
Here's a miracle! So Slater was on
date to be baptized November 22. So we were in the middle of our weekly
planning, when all of the sudden we got a text from his mom, and apparently he
decided he wants to be baptized this Friday, on his birthday!! Our DL and zone
leaders were right there so we all celebrated together. So exciting. So we've
been meeting with his family a lot this last week to get him all ready.
So both of my companions were sick,
fortunately on different days, this week. So we had a different combination of
sisters every day. I think the members were getting a little confused. That was
sad for them for sure, but right now we're all healthy so hopefully there won't
be any more!
Sunday was a crazy day as usual. The
night before when we were planning for it, we had finished pretty much when all
the sudden I was like "oh no! We forgot to plan to go to sacrament
meeting!" You know you're a missionary in Utah when... so that was funny.
Don't worry, we did take the sacrament in between teaching relief society,
going to ward councils and correlation, and teaching mission prep. Then that
night we had to do splits - I went with a visiting teaching to teach this less
active family, and the
Elders came to bless the home, which
was an interesting experience. I have never seen so many priesthood blessings
than I have since I've been on my mission. This week both of my companions
received blessings because they were sick. It's the coolest thing also because
these Elders are the ones worthy and righteous enough to do the
blessings.
The work is great. There's still lots
to do, but we keep busy and it's fun. And the weather is still good. :)
Love you all! Keep the faith and
remember to read and pray every day. The Lord loves each one of us so much!
Hermana Mackenzie Nelson
No comments:
Post a Comment