Hola Familia!
Last P day feels like yesterday. I
have now been in the field longer than I was in the MTC. Because that one elder
in our district got his visa last week, people keep asking me why I'm still
around. I know why! Because this is the greatest place ever, and I'm meant to
have this time here. Turns out Heavenly Father has answered my prayers. And he
has done that by changing my heart, and helping me to love. Sometimes you don't
notice the Lord answering your questions until you look back and see all of
those little things - like a letter from a sister-in-law that helps you
realize tender mercies, recognising how much fun you're having with
your companions, or that one investigator who is touched by your testimony.
This past week I started another journal. In it I write each day something that
is a sign to me that I'm meant to be here. It's kind of like a miracle
journal. I was inspired by what my mission president told me a few weeks ago -
to pray each morning to recognize those little things. And it has been so
awesome! It's helped me to be happy and to really love being here.
It was a great week. We picked up a
new investigator, J. An American family in our stake invited him to come to
their home and be taught. It was the coolest first lesson! The spirit was
incredibly strong, and even though the members spoke no Spanish whatsoever and
he spoke no English they communicated their love and respect for each other so
powerfully. It was very cool how prepared he was. So at the beginning he was
like, "I've just always wondered why there are so many churches, and which
one is the right one?" Sister Bingham and I couldn't help but smile at
each other. He was hesitant to set a date for baptism, but is super willing to
read the Book of Mormon and keep learning. And then he came to church on
Sunday! Woohoo!
There's just too much to talk about.
This last week feels like a blur! And if it's possible we had even more fun
than we did last week. Yesterday we stopped by a birthday party of one of their
recent converts, and decided we should sing the happy birthday song to her in
Spanish. And then this sister was like "wait! I've got some Nacho Libre
luchador masks!" So... one thing led to the next and we found ourselves
singing in front of everyone wearing luchador masks. It was pretty funny. Also,
we can listen to Disney music and I can go the distance (subject line) is the
best Disney song of all time. It inspires me!
The church is true!! Also, the movie
the Testaments is the best ever. If you haven't seen it, then you should.
love,
Hermana Mackenzie Nelson
No comments:
Post a Comment