Monday, October 27, 2014

Sprinting to the Finish


¡Hola Familia!
All the ward members are starting to say goodbye to me and I just keep telling them, "hey! I still have another week left!" because I intend to keep working hard up until the very last second. The other hermanas had a baptism saturday and a ton of people came. At the end we were all in the cultural hall when hno Matias, the ward mission leader, makes the announcement that it was also a surprise farewell party! All the sudden pictures of my life (literally my whole life - like half baby pictures haha) started going on the big screen with my favorite song in the backround. That was when the reality of it all came crashing down and I started to cry. It was lovely though to share that moment with them, I`ll post some pictures so you all can see. 

Besides that rude awakening we had a lovely week. I`m a little short on time so I`ll mention the most important parts. :) We are still teaching A and his son J. A is a big smoker and we have been helping him out to quit. He`s gettin there! He said at the beginning of the week that we was not prepared for baptism. But miracles happen and the spirit changes hearts! We had a great lesson friday, saturday they came to the baptism, and sunday to church. A told me saturday night that he feels baptism is close for him! Sunday after church we set a new goal for saturday the 1st. He said he wants to be baptized before I go. :) Woohoo!! 

M is still doing great, and this semana we started teaching her cute little cousin V! Her mom is in a similar situation - she fell away from the church a long time ago but wants so badly to find peace in her life again and come back. 

I`m doin good. Starting to get a little nervous.... but loving each day. I have a feeling I`ll be crying a lot this week. 

I`m pretty sure I`ll be able to write next monday, even though by then we`ll be in Bahia Blanca. But I`ll give a good wrap up then. :)
This is the Lord`s work. We are His hands.
love,
Hermana Nelson

No comments:

Post a Comment