What a crazy week of adventures it´s been. I´ll try and give a good lowdown.
It all started with a beautiful, sunny, warm Pday last monday. We went to a big park with us 4 hermanas and an hermana from the ward. It was a lot of fun and the weather was awesome. We soaked it all in because pretty much the whole rest of the week was torrential rain all day every day. Wednesday we went to Mar del Plata for a special zone conference (about 40 missionaries) with Presidente and the asistentes. It was amazing, a really powerful experience and I learned a lot. He and his wife spoke a lot on our purpose as missionaries - to bring salvation to all people. It made me reflect on how I see my work every day. Its so easy to get distracted by so many things, to not give so much when you´re tired or relax and just let things happen. But this is a work of urgency, a work of the greatest importance. The Lord has chosen us, very much imperfect young people to carry this message to the world. Sometimes I feel overwhelmed by my own imperfections, but I have to trust that He will qualify me. All that He requires is my best!
Thursday afternoon after lunch we got a call to say that we were to make a surprise trip to Bahia Blanca so my companion could go do her tramites (for the visa). We left that night at 8, and arrived in Bahia at 6:30 in the morning. Talk about a killer trip! It turned out to be an awesome day though, because I asked the elders when we got there if I could go work in General Arias (my old area) and they even dropped me off at my old house! I surprised hermana Mancuello - it was the best thing. I got the best news ever. Carla, the investigator we had been teaching, was to be baptized that evening!!! I couldn´t stay for the baptism, but I got to see her and see how excited and happy she was. It is such a miracle, and just made me so happy to see her glowing.
We arrived back in our area saturday morning after another sleepless night in the colective (bus). Hence, the subject line. Saturday we ran all over town in the rain to try and see as many as our investigators as possible. We had a great lesson with Solange, who just loves us and always gives us delicious brasilian food. Apart from that, she is just soaking up the things we are teaching her. She has gone through a lot of rough times recently and needs so badly the comfort and perspective that the gospel brings, so its been neat being able to share that with her. And then she came to church on sunday and stayed all 3 hours! woohooo!!!!
my dearest family, I love you all so much. I love the gospel. I know its true. It is incredible to me that even though we as people are so imperfect God still has the patience and love to give us the precious truths of the gospel. When people reject us (which happens quite often) it makes me so sad thinking of all the joy that they are missing. I feel often like Alma, who expressed his desire to be able to speak like an angel and have all hear and understand him. I wish I was a better missionary, with more perfect words and more perfect love. But I, as with all of us, have to trust that the Lord with make us sufficient in His hands to bring about His work.
Have wonderful weeks!!!!
Hermana Nelson
No comments:
Post a Comment