Monday, October 28, 2013

October 28, 2013


Hola familia!

What a week it's been. It definitely had it's challenges, and some illness, but I've been learning more than ever that obedience brings blessings. Monday was super fun - this cute sister in one of our wards, Sister Cluff, took us out to lunch and then cut my hair. And then we went to a pumpkin patch with our zone, and carved our pumpkins in a cute little barn! It was fun and very fall-ish.

We had a lot of appointments fall through, like with our investigator Slater because he was sick all week. But we did end up teaching/meeting with a ton of less active people and families which is pretty cool. It seems like a lot of our work here will be with those who are less active. They need it just as much as the non members! Often they really never even gained a testimony - and so the way we teach them is just as we would with an investigator. It's all about the basics. The little things that add up to lasting conversion - daily prayer and scripture study, and attending church. Then the spirit does the rest!

Thursday we did the most amazing service activity ever - wash an entire litter of golden retriever puppies!!! It was so much fun and I nearly died from all the cuteness. They are only about 6 weeks old, and are the cutest things in the world. I'll try and send some pictures.

Friday we had to take a sick day. Sister Martin was feeling pretty bad and I was struggling getting over my sore throat/cold thing. It was some much needed extra sleep. I did get to do splits for a bit in the afternoon with an awesome ward missionary to go teach the M’s, a cute older less active couple. So later that evening the Elder Hansen (DL) and his comp Elder MacTavish came to give Sister Martin a blessing. It was really great - I've come to love priesthood blessings. As they were about to leave they asked if there was anything else we needed. Jokingly I mentioned how we had been craving chili for a while... but there was nothing else really. So we were just sitting around when we get a knock on the door and there's Elder Hansen with some chili for us! Then he ran away. It was the cutest thing and definitely made our day.

Saturday was great. We set out for the day with no planned appts, but we ended up teaching 4 lessons! We were even able to find Slater at home and share a message with him. It was awesome and the Lord was definitely helping us out - what a tender mercy. Sunday was crazy as usual, lots of church and meetings. And now it's the beginning of another week! It's crazy how that happens... time! The transfer is almost over. This is gonna be a good week, Halloween night we get to go to the temple!! Woohoo!!!

Anyways, the church is most definitely true. Also starting today, I will be doing a 40 -day fast. Kind of like Lent - I've made a list of things that I will be cutting out that aren't bad, just getting in the way of being as effective and sensitive to the spirit as I should be. So wish me luck! It'll take a lot of determination and self control. A scripture that's given me a lot of encouragement to start this all out it Helaman 3:35:

35 Nevertheless they did afast and bpray oft, and did wax stronger and stronger in their chumility, and firmer and firmer in the faith of Christ, unto the filling their souls with joy and consolation, yea, even to the dpurifying and the esanctification of their hearts, which sanctification cometh because of their fyielding their hearts unto God.

I am striving each day to "yield my heart unto God" so that I can become the servant He needs me to be. He can make us more than we can even imagine! It's pretty awesome.

I love you all and miss you!

Hermana Mackenzie Nelson

No comments:

Post a Comment